George Kelman-Johns has been selected to represent Swim South in the National School Games in September at Loughborough.
George Kelman-Johns competed in Para-Swimming International Meet at Ponds Forge Sheffield at the end of April and became British Champion in 100m Backstroke and Silver Medalist in 200m Freestyle, and reached the final in two other events.
June 2017: Competing at British Youth Para-Swimming Championships in Sunderland, George won the 50m and 100m Freestyle Titles and 100m Backstroke Title, all in new Personal Best Times. Podium finishes with 200m Individual Medlay silver and bronze in 200m Freestyle and 100m Butterfly and 100m Breaststroke.
George has also been selected to compete in the British Trials in July in 100m Backstroke and 200m Freestyle.
Well done George.
The Club had three swimmers competing at this year’s South West Regionals:
Rebecca Holden had five qualifiers in Backstroke, Freestyle and Individual Medley and competed at the Regional Youths in Plymouth in April with five strong swims culminating in reaching the Final of 200m Backstroke. In the Age Group Regionals held at Bristol, Hengrove and Millfield,
Bonnie Kelman-Johns and Ollie Martin both competed in the 11/12 Year Age Group. Bonnie, in her first Regionals, competed in 50m and 100m Breaststroke, with a particularly strong swim in the 100m Breastroke being placed twenty places above her ranking. Ollie, also appearing in his first Regionals, gained great experience and produced some of his best swimming in the 100m Breaststroke and 100m Freestyle.
Congratulations to all three Swimmers and Clayesmore looks forward to taking more Swimmers to Regionals in 2018.
Level 1 Meets are long course (50m) only and cover National, Regional and County Championships. Their purpose is to enable swimmers to achieve qualifying times for entry into National, Regional and County Championships;
Level 2 Meets are short course (25m) only and cover National, Regional and County Championships. Their purpose is to enable swimmers to achieve qualifying times for entry into National, Regional and County Championships in SHORT COURSE.
Level 3 Meets are long and short course. Their purpose is to enable swimmers to achieve times for entry into Regional and County Championships and other Meets at Level 1 and 2;
Level 4 Meets are entry level events in pools 25m or greater. They are for inexperienced swimmers looking to compete and progress to Level 3 Meets.
27th January 2018 Dorset Novice League Round 1at Weymoth
3/4th February 2018 Dorset Counties Bournemouth
11th February 2018 Dorset Counties Dorchester
17/18th February 2018 Dorset Counties Bournemouth
24th February 2018 Dorset Novice League Round 2
3rd March 1018 Open Meet Southampton
24th March 2018 Dorset Novice League
7/8th April 2018 Open Meet Wells Level 3 at Milllfield
7/8th April 2018 Swim Bournemouth Level 2 at Littledown
22nd April 2018 Graded Meet at Dorchester
4-6th May 2018 Youths at Plymouth
12/13th May 2018 at Bristol
Congratulations to all those who took part in the Club Solstice Swim event on Saturday 21st June 2014. Judging by the expressions on the children’s faces, fun was had by all. Thanks goes to Ali for compering, Lynn and Steve for officiating and the volunteers for timekeeping and background running of the event.
These links will take you to the galleries on Photobucket:
[Click Here] for a link to a secure gallery, contact Sara (email) or Web Admin (leave a reply above) for the password.
R and R
Swimming Club membership has been increasing rapidly lately, this is fantastic for the Club, however some sessions have been getting very busy and we do need to organise who attends which swimming sessions in order to ensure everyone gets the best attention of the coaches.
Hopefully the coaches have seen your children and discussed with them any changes to swim sessions so there should be no surprises. [Click here] to link to the Excel document for the new swim sessions and when we would expect to see your children. This list is a “live” list and subject to change as swimmers improve, however it is valid until the beginning of the summer holidays when the session timetable changes.
- Many congratulations to Lily Purbrick for some great swims at the Regional Youth Competition this weekend.
- Well done to Will Cleal, Becca Holden, George and Phoebe Kelman Johns and Bella Alers Hankey for achieving Regional times, they will be taking part in Regional competitions in June.
- Congratulations also to Ollie Cleal – April’s swimmer of the month
- Please find attached details of the Summer Solstice Swim and picnic! This is a new idea so please support us if you can! We need lots of parental help and any swimmers over 12 are welcome to come along and help out as well!
- The County Development Meet is July 6th and 7th. Lyn is already hard at work and will soon be handing out details of which races swimmers have qualified for. Please confirm your entries as quickly as possible.
- Please welcome our new swimmers: Annabel Drudge, Scarlett Alers Hankey, Ashleigh Andrews.
Click the link below to download/open the document
I hope you had a great Easter Holiday. Please find below some important diary dates for this term. I will send out details of the summer holiday swimming sessions in June!
Please note that this term the Monday sessions have changed. Juniors 5.30pm – 6.30pm, Seniors 7.45pm – 8.45pm.
- April 24th – Committee Meeting 5.15 – 6.15pm
- May 1st – NO SWIMMING – School event at the Sports Centre
- May 3rd – Bank Holiday – no swimming
- May 15th – AGM 5.15 – 6.15pm – all welcome
- May 26th – Bank Holiday – no swimming
- June 21st – Summer Solstice Swim for 12 and Under: 9am – 12noon: more details to follow but hopefully to be followed by a BBQ for everyone.
- July 2nd – last morning swim
- July 5th/6th – Development Meet at Littledown